Friday, December 23, 2011

10 REASONS WHY I LOVE THE BEATLES !!!

The fact is that I otherwise also harbour in my heart a deep, strong love for the 60s - the music , hippies, drugs , free sex everything calls to me from its decadence.

The Beatles form a part of my favourite artists singing during the 60S . While their extreme popularity overshadowed a lot of other good bands who were promptly dismissed as being Beatle-like (like my all time favourites The Animals), The Beatles produced BEAUTIFUL MUSIC. Now , a truly difficult list would have been to make of my 10 favourite Beatles' songs . But smart that I am , I will rather discuss why I love this band so much - despite (and i have to agree here ) the fact that a lot of their songs have overlapping lyrics and even similar music. The Beatles are liked my people who listen to English Music for two reasons , because - a.) The ridiculous amount of media attention that has been given to the band which makes them a 'cool' and 'legit' band to listen to ; and b.) Because people discover that while they were singing about love and girls they were more than just the blues numbers famous in the previous decade .Or some just lose themselves in the trippy, soothing melody of the songs. Now many would disagree with this - but the band was very much and still is the largest commercial act in the music industry.
Any way - here comes another list 1.) BECAUSE ONLY THEY KNEW HOW TO WRITE LOVE SONGS WHICH MAKE YOU ALL GOOEY INSIDE : The first time i heard , 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' I knew I was going to like this band. Maybe its because i was born in the age of Akon and Pitbull , I love the honesty and vulnerability of these extremely cute British men . And I believe them when they say 'OH DARLING IF YOU LEAVE ME, I'LL NEVER MAKE IT ALONE .'
2.) THERE SONGS ARE REALLY FUNNY - '1,2,3,4,5,6,7 all good children go to heaven.' They make me laugh. 3.) THE 'BEATLES'' STORIES ARE AMAZING TO READ : When you hear their songs , it is important to read up on them. You will read up on The Beatles - when you hear Lennon singing 'And when i touch i feel happy inside' you are busy thinking has he met Yoko yet ?
4.) THE SONGS ARE NICE AND TRIPPY 5.) THE BLATANTLY HIDDEN ANAGRAMS ALTER YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SONG COMPLETELY. "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" - LSD and you are again connecting the dots .
6.) IN THE LATER ALBUMS, THERE IS GREAT VARIETY IN THE USE OF INTRUMENTS . 7.) PAUL McCARTNEY IS VERY CUTE !
8.) THERE IS ALMOST A FAIRYTALE ASPECT FUSED TOGETHER WITH THE SONGS : 'RESTING OUR HEADS , ON THE SEA BED IN AN OCTUPUS'S GARDEN IN A CAVE - WE WOULD SING AND DACE AROUND BECAUSE WE KNOW WE CAN'T BE FOUND ' - OCTUPUS'S GARDEN 9.) SOME OF THE SONGS LIKE Here Comes the Sun , Yesterday, Imagine can seriously make you feel peaceful.
10.) BECAUSE, THEY HAVE BECOME SO FAMILIAR THAT I LIVE VICARIOUSLY ON ALL BAD THINGS THAT DESTROY THROUGH THEM. The reasons are stupid - SO MUCH has already been written about them, that I AM WASTING MY TIME WRITING ABOUT THEM. Maybe because they were so very popular and got to produce so many songs they were able to come up with a couple of really brilliant ones, maybe they exploited the markket's demands to the core , maybe they were just boy band which the world is refused to give up on - I know the songs , and i know the guys , and I like them enough to read stuff that people write about them, and i will go to that marked folder which said Beatles on my computer when I'm feeling particularly low , or bored or loved or happy. 'I'm So happy Just to dance with you :)' You're asking me will my love grow, I don't know, I don't know. Stick around, and it may show, But I don't know, I don't know.

0 Comments: